Lab 3: Drawing with Functions¶
Your goal: Draw and animate an image.
Requirements for Drawing¶
You can update your program from Lab 2, or create a new program. This lab is worth 20 points. See the point breakdown below.
Incorporate the following items:
- Find the folder for Lab 03 in PyCharm and start entering your code there. Feel free to use any code from Lab 02 you want, just copy it across.
- Make sure you are putting your program in the Lab 3 folder, and not just changing Lab 2 to have Lab 3 requirements.
- We are going to be following the instructions/example in Drawing With Functions.
- Put everything into a function as shown in Make The main Function.
- Create three functions that draw something. (15 pts total, up to 5 pts
- Define the function and successfully call it. (1 pt)
- Make your drawing function complex. 0 points for a one-line function that just draws a rectangle, 0 points for copying the example from the book, 2 points for a cohesive multi-line function. (2 pts)
- Pass in
yparameters and successfully position the object as shown in Make The Drawing Functions. (2 pts)
Drawing with functions is worth 16 points. You can get the final 4 points by animating your image.
Requirements for Animation¶
Animate an object. The movement does not need to be complex. See How To Animate A Drawing Function for an example.
Make sure you don’t put functions inside of functions. After the
import statement, each function should
be listed out, one
def after the other. But no
def inside of another
Also make sure you have three functions that take in an
(x, y) position to draw an object,
not just one.